Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Day 1: 6/25/09


So, the weather is sucking at the moment. It is 0 degrees Celsius and raining. It has been raining since I got in last night, and the weather reports expect it to remain this way until tomorrow morning at least. Honestly, if I wanted this type of weather I would have staying in O-H-I-O! Eitherway, I'm just glad to be here.
I got in early enough to catch the last 30mins of the Bafana bafana vs Brazil game last night. They played fairly well from the first half highlights. It sucks that they lost, as it would have been nice to have a minnows finals. It probably isn't a good idea to be wearing a Brazil jacket this morning, but whatever. Most of the people here seem to be in good spirits. I LOVE the South Africa(Afrikaans) accent, and most of the people here love mine as well. Sounds like the start of something beautiful.
The plane ride over was not the most pleasant. I had an aisle seat which was nice, but then I sat beside these two people who constantly needed to get up and go somewhere. If that wasn't bad, they also broke my earphone plug one of the times they got up. In addition to this, the GPS display on the plane wasn't working so for the first 3 hours, I thought we were stuck over North Carolina. The 15 hours didn't drag too much so it was alright. I watched a few movies and generally just relaxed
I wish it would have not been raining so I could have gotten to walk around a little but whatever. The hotel I staying in was fairly modest, I didn't have too many problems falling asleep last night either (go figure). I met up with Andrew Vogel this morning(see Flickr pictures), also from the College of Wooster. We are now waiting for the Rhodes bus to come and pick us up. We will be heading to the Addo Elephant Park afterwards, where we will stay until monday, so don't expect an update before then. This has been a pretty long entry. Blogger is being difficult at the moment, so I'll do a proper update at the university. Until then, later

No comments:

Post a Comment