Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Day 2: 6/26/09

Today was relaxed, as will be tomorrow. The rest of the group got in today and they all seem fairly chill. This guy named Alan, from the University of Kansas, is a pretty nice guy. Dirk, from the Netherlands, is another favorite. Our chaperones for the program are Aretha and Ashwin. They are both really nice people. Aretha is from Zimbabwe and Ashwin is from South Africa. I really like our Safari guide, Jaunty, who is a globe trotter if I ever knew one and just all around good guy. He, myself and Aretha stayed up really late talking about politics. I love this trip already. I have already learned a lot listening to both of them. I really enjoy listening to insightful persons speak. It is the quickest way to learn a wide breadth of information.
The resort owner Tracy offered me a free stay at the end of the trip instead of staying in Joburg a few days, and I think I may take her up on her offer. I really want to see Nelson Mandela before I leave, and have been asking around about how to do so. I've heard mixed views on how possible/likely it will be but I'm going to keep on trying.

No comments:

Post a Comment